Name - Jojo.
Race – Lesser Boogie Monster: The scourge of closets and under beds. One of the more passive species of Boogie monster, preferring to invade homes for warm places to sleep, companionship or pranks, rather than an easy meal. The dander of these particular monsters is known to have hallucinogenic effects that cause bad dreams and night terrors.
Position / Grade - Preschool.
House - Hades.
Personality – Jojo is, for lack of a better word, a brat. She is use to getting her way at all times and has quite a repertoire of reactions she can utilise if she doesn’t. Despite this she can be friendly and likes to meet new people. If asked she’d definitely agree to be your friend, as long as you promise to do everything she says. Like the rest of her species she has predisposition towards pranks and mischief. However, if left unchecked her harmless pranks and joking can turn vicious and cruel. Her self-absorption means that she is often unaware of how others feel and really needs a firm hand to tell her what’s acceptable and when she is going too far.
History – Jojo was born to in an abandoned warehouse where her boogie monster mother had taken up residence. Jojo doesn’t remember much of her mother or her time there because, like the rest of her species, Jojo left her as soon as she was old enough to walk and find food on her own.
She spent a few, hard weeks on the streets feeding on scraps and carrion before one night stumbling upon an open window. The window led to a spacious, comfortable bedroom and Jojo at once made herself at home under the bed. It turned out that the bed belonged to a sweet young girl named Mackenzie and Jojo’s curiosity got the better of her. Revealing herself, the girl was initially shocked but quickly made friends with the bunny-eared monster. Showing her off to her parents, Jojo was accepted into the family and given the name Joanna.
Jojo’s new ‘mama’ was a kind woman who spoiled both Jojo and Mackenzie. Due to this spoiling and her best friend’s accommodating nature, Jojo became a little too accustomed to having everything her own way. This is what led to her wanting to go to school. Almost every day Mackenzie would go to school and come home to tell Jojo about all the things she had done and all the friends she had played with. Jojo loved her friend and she loved spending her days with her mama but she wanted to meet new people and make new friends. After much pestering, pouting and wheedling Jojo’s mama finally gave up and said she could go to school too. After some research her mama came across Alma boarding school. Wanting nothing but the best for her little Jojo the woman sent in an application right away.
Hopefully this school would be able to teach Jojo some manners as well as a decent education.
- She’ll wear socks but she hates wearing shoes. She finds it hard to walk in them.
- Jojo’s top four limbs are arms and possess thumbs. Her bottom two limbs are legs. The second bottom two are technically legs but she can use them as arms though they are thumbless. All eight paws are sticky so she can crawl up walls and across ceilings.
- Likes to walk on two legs like her family does but will run and scuttle on all eight.
- Her dander can cause nightmares so it’s advisable to sleep with a facemask around her until you’ve built up a tolerance to the effects.
- Jojo can't swim. Her fur gets too heavy when it's wet and she hasn't learnt to co-ordinate all her limbs to keep her afloat against the drag.